Levothyroxine Sodium Tablets, USP
Meet the New Therapeutic Standard
For use in dogs for correction of conditions associated with low circulating thyroid hormone (hypothyroidism).
- ONLY Thyro-Tabs® Canine meets the USP/FDA standard.
- ONLY Thyro-Tabs® Canine guarantees the USP minimum > 95% dose potency.
- ONLY Thyro-Tabs® Canine delivers 28-month dose stability.
- Plus all strengths are now available in both 1,000-count bottles and 120-count “best practice” (dispense-ready) bottles.
- New 120-count “best practice” (sealed direct dispense-ready) bottles are designed to fit standard clinic labels,
Levothyroxine T4 is a naturally circulating thyroid hormone produced by the canine thyroid gland. Levothyroxine sodium provided by Thyro-Tabs® Canine tablets cannot be distinguished from levothyroxine endogenously secreted from the dog’s thyroid gland. Thyroid hormones influence virtually every body organ, either by their effect on growth and development or by the hormones’ metabolic effects.
In light of low canine bioavailability and high absorption variability among individual dogs, reliable dose potency becomes an essential tool toward successful therapy. Advanced Formula Thyro-Tabs® Canine is the only veterinary levothyroxine sodium tablet to provide a minimum 95% dose potency guarantee, as recognized by the USP. As such, Thyro-Tabs® Canine sets a new therapeutic standard in the treatment of canine hypothyroidism.
CAUTION: Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Additional Product Information